Review of:  Teaching is Murder (A Ms. Anderson Mystery)

Monique Bird





Cute first effort! Suitable for YA.

Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2020

This was a cute first book! I really liked the protagonist, Claire, especially her unique interest in Korean dramas. I also enjoyed the descriptions of her interactions with her new kitten and how she learned how to take care of cats. I just wished she kept his original name, I'm not sure why she changed it (especially when the original name was so much more adorable!). I liked how her family members were also featured in the book, and how well-fleshed out they were, especially Claire's brother and sister. I'd love to see more of them featured in future books! I also loved the fact that Claire is a middle-school science teacher. I felt I even learned some facts I didn't know about various subjects by reading this book, just from the dialogue between the school teachers! The mystery was good, with lots of red herrings, but there were a few hanging questions that were never fully answered by the end of the book. (Maybe the next?) The main thing the book needed was a good editor, as there were inconsistencies and grammatical errors throughout. However, this was such a fun read with such interesting characters that I loved it anyway and look forward to reading more by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment