Review of:  A Case for the Winemaker (An Ainsley McGregor Mystery)

Candace Havens





Definitely a fun read!

Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2020

This is the first of this author's books that I've read, and I'm really glad to see it's the first in a new series! I thought it looked adorable, and I wasn't disappointed. I love the setting (a quaint little town in Texas), and the protagonist's (Ainsley's) venture into entrepreneurship with the launch of a town artisan market. I can definitely see how this premise could spark ideas for future plot lines! I thought the inclusion of her Great Dane, George Clooney, was particularly cute, and loved the sparks between Ainsley and Jake (the fire chief). I also think it's a great twist by having Ainsely's brother as the sheriff (as sheriffs are usually featured as the heroine's love interest). The humor in this book was great, but a bit overkill, especially at the beginning. Also I pretty much guessed the killer right away. However, the cast of characters was really good and I enjoyed seeing how the story played out. This was a light, breezy read, perfect for being stuck on a airplane for 3 hours or lying on a tropical beach or by the pool! Or really anytime you want to put a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment