Review of:  The Whispered Word (A Secret, Book, & Scone Society Mystery)

Ellery Adams





A Cozy Masterpiece!!

Reviewed in the United States on February 2, 2019

I absolutely loved everything about this book. In fact, I read it without having read the 1st in the series, which I will now promptly go out and purchase. Ellery Adams is one of the most gifted writers of the genre, and this one takes it to another level! I don't even know where to begin - the writing itself is beautiful, masterful, and poetic. The literary references abound and add layers of depth to the tale. Everything has both surface and underlying/ deeper meanings (from the characters' names to the symbols the author incorporates, not to mention the literary titles cited by the protagonist). Hidden chambers, keys, clocks, Aladdin's lamp, cats, books, and secret identities -- a gorgeous, intricately crafted tale that is a love letter to writers and book lovers alike. I could not put this down once I began reading, and am left with the sense that I saw myself in this book, as will any true lover of reading, literature, and art. This is what it is all about, the magical ways all of our stories are woven together and yet one and the same. This book is a masterpiece, one to linger over, and reflect upon with dear friends. 5 stars truly aren't enough. Ms.Adams deserves all the awards for creating this gift of a novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment