Review of:  Slay in Character (A Cat Latimer Mystery)

Lynn Cahoon





Mysteries & Intrigue Galore!

Reviewed in the United States on November 27, 2018

I really enjoyed this cozy mystery - the premise of the series itself is definitely unique and contains a multitude of intriguing juxtapositions: a woman who inherits a home from her dead ex-husband and turns it into a writers' retreat in a quaint college town -- but where most people have secret mob connections!!). I was so excited to read this as I definitely know that truth is stranger than fiction and was interested to read how the author makes all of these threads come together in the series! I related immediately to the protagonist, Cat, as she is likeable and I easily understood her emotions and motivations. The mysteries that arc through this series are really fantastic cliffhangers - who are the good or bad guys?? As a reader, I am definitely hooked! This being said, as a reader coming in to the series without having read all of the prior books, I was a bit lost or confused as to who all the characters were and their relationships. Several characters were introduced but not explained and there was no information to explain their relationships. I think this series is fascinating, but the books should probably be read in order to get the most out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment