Review of:  Killing Time (A Dodie O’Dell Mystery)

Suzanne Trauth






Most Fun Book I've Read in Ages!!

Reviewed in the United States on June 23, 2020

I absolutely loved this book!! I haven't read any others in the series (yet), but couldn't resist the enticing cover, Halloween setting, and the name of the protagonist (Dodie O'Dell - how fabulous is that?!). I wasn't disappointed & am excited to have discovered a new-to-me author & series! I loved the premise of the book and the tie-in of the mystery with the theater production. The setting of course, was wonderful - just the right amount of creepiness & intrigue with no actual horror or violence. The quick pace & snappy dialogue had me laughing out loud at moments (great Aunt Maureen's sayings are so good I'm memorizing them! What is "stressed" spelled backwards? Hm-hm!!) Dodie is smart, witty, and totally relatable. Some of the main characters could jump right off the page into true life - I can just see Penny, Walter, Edna, & the Banger sisters especially! The author really has a talent for creating memorable characters. That being said, there were a LOT of characters in this book, and since I hadn't read the previous ones at first I had a hard time keeping them all straight. A Cast of Characters would be a really helpful reference . Regarding the mystery, I felt like I was putting all the clues together right along with Dodie - the plot was well-done and kept me guessing until the end! Super well-done. And the ending was satisfying which was great (I was glad the book didn't end with a cliffhanger). One of my favorite reads this year & I'm looking forward to catching up with the previous books featuring Dodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment