Review of:  My Dilemma

Pixie Perkins




I think this book will most definitely appeal to kids ages 13 and up!  It's a clean YA romance featuring 17-year-old Megan whose middle-school crush moves in next door after his family returns to the city following a brief move out of state.  The two didn't part on good terms and now things are complicated by mutual attraction and all the pitfalls of the high school social scene!  The dialogue was totally on-point for this age group (I could just hear my own preteen daughter through the voice of Megan's younger sister, Hailee)!  I laughed out loud each time Megan tried to "hide" from Brayden out of embarrassment - I remember doing that at that age myself, lol!  The characters were fleshed out beautifully, especially Megan's family members and friends Lora and Holt.  It was wonderful to see Megan and her siblings having real talks with their mom and sitting together over meals as a family.  While I do wish Megan had experienced more personal growth and maturation over the course of the novel, I'd still give it a thumbs up as good choice for a sweet & clean romance geared for the YA age group.

No comments:

Post a Comment