Review of:  The Lakehouse

Joe Clifford

Polis




Publication Date:  9/29/20

Review Date:  9/20/20

I was excited to read this book, thinking that it looked like the perfect murder mystery to get me in the mood for fall and Halloween season, and I wasn’t disappointed!!  Clifford writes with an expert hand, shifting easily between his main characters’ perspectives.  I loved the psychological studies of each, as through each character and scene we learn more about the backstories behind the murder mystery and how everyone’s lives are linked together both past and present. Red herrings abound, and I kept changing my guess of who the killer was and their motivation until the shocking conclusion which will knock your socks off!!  This being said, I would have liked a cleaner ending as there were some leftover questions Clifford failed to wrap up completely. I think this book would make for a great movie – it really reminded me of tv shows such as “Criminal Minds.”  It was a quick, well-paced read that I couldn’t put down until I finished.  I’ll definitely look for more titles by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment