Review of:  Thinking About Love, Part 1 (A Stonehaven High Series Book 2)

Audrey Rich




Great for Teenage Girls!


Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2017

I'm too old for this book, LOL!! ;-) I definitely think young pre-teen girls would enjoy it as it focuses on the nature of friendships, first loves, and the anticipation of college and changes that come with that transition. At first, I had a difficult time keeping all of the characters straight, and I think our protagonist could definitely gain some more maturity in future books! As a Christian, I wished I would have learned more about what her faith meant to her, how it had changed her or helped her in her life. I also wish that she would have been more true to her inner self and less focused on material things/ external appearances/ fitting in with the crowd. However, I know that these are all challenges that high school teens struggle with. I also wish that she wouldn't treat the object of her affection with so much idolization before she really knows who he is and whether he will ever become a Christian. I think future books in the series may answer this question for us as we learn more about Stuart's choices and Trina's relationship with him! All in all, I think it would be a great book for teenage girls to read and then discuss with them afterward and talk about the issues and topics the book raises. The author definitely is in touch with her inner teen girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment