Review of:  Apple Cider Slaying (A Cider Shop Mystery)

Julie Anne Lindsey





Cute as a button!!

Reviewed in the United States on January 3, 2020

This is a cute, quick read with endearing characters and a beautiful setting! It's wonderful to escape with a lighthearted story such as this one, and the humor in it was especially enjoyable. I also liked the choice of theme. However, I feel it's been done a lot before and I like the author's Christmas Tree Farm mysteries (written as Jacqueline Frost) much better - in fact, that series is on my all-time favorites list!!! Also, the protagonist (Winnie) keeps trying to justify her sleuthing which became a bit repetitive. And at one point Granny mentioned texting but then it was stated she didn't have a cell phone. That being said, the writing is stellar as always, and I often had a smile on my face while reading! This book is really cute as a button, and definitely worth the read. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment